Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Connectivism...from the video

I am as connected as I make myself. Which lately, I have found more websites to go to for information on our class curriculum, and I have done more research for myself in the technology area. I have this Blog, and hope to soon start my own personal one. I also just set up my own Facebook, and I am learning to use that. I have enjoyed the opportunity to learn with the Smart board. I really could not teach without it, and use it for every single teaching point in the day.

I would consider myself as a 21st teacher and learner. I do not want to stop learning just because of my age...I am always willing to learn new things, because I want to do them. I am also a 21st teacher, because I have shown students websites and technology to use for information that they are looking for. I have also helped parents find things they need for their children. I try to post websites to promote learning for my students onto my newsletter.

With this 21st learning tool of technology I feel I am supporting my students to organize and differentiate their work in the classroom and at home. I hope that they are setting up their own network of sites, etc. to share with others that they will teach.

This in turn will make us all "connected!!!" That is an awesome thought!

2 comments:

  1. I think it's awesome that you are not only expanding on your use of technology at school, but in your personal life, too. It definitely shows that you believe in technology! I love the idea of supporting your 21st Century students through parent communication and your newsletter, too. I'll be adding a section to my newsletter devoted to websites we've visited in the classroom. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jenna.
    I am trying to grow and change with the future! :-0
    I try to put them on my newsletter...the sites...or send home a separate flyer with sites on them.
    Good luck to you too!

    ReplyDelete